Wednesday, December 26, 2007
*Photo sourced from www.pahang-delights.com
Many people still remembers some of the cases where Siti Nurhaliza, local Malaysian singer, mentioned or answered wrongly in English. I guess her English is really very bad. It shouldn't be that way. A local role model should also be well spoken in both Malay and English as to encourage all local fans to do the same. Malaysians being fluent in Malay language, that is acceptable. Malaysians being fluent in English language, that is a MUST to see a better future for this country. In fact, Malaysians being fluent in Mandarin, that is the BEST!
The following are the incidents of which Siti Nurhaliza had many times embarass herself in public thanks to her 'English speaking' capability:
1. On a flight, a steward came to Siti and about to serve her asked:"How would you like your coffee ?" With confidence, she replied, "In a cup!"
2. A reporter questioned Siti, "What is the secret recipe to your success as a singer?" She happily answered, "Nasi ayam merah".
3. A local radio DJ asked Siti, "What is the activity that you are involved in now?". Siti said, "I'm a spoke person for TMNet". She pronounced 'spoke' as 'sepok'.
4. On air, DJ Era asked Siti, "Which part of your face you like most?". Quickly she replied, " I like my nipple". (Actually what she meant is dimple).
5. On Chit Chat with Azwan Ali programme, Azwan asked Siti, " Siti, betul ke orang kata kau ni tak pandai berbahasa Inggeris?".Siti said, : "Eh takdelah,Siti punya English masa SPM dapat credit apa".
6. The owner of a resort where she visited asked Siti, " How do you find the resort here?". She smiled and said, "That's easy...my friend drove me
Posted by Fluffy the Muffly Dog at 1:59 PM